A complete professional forest service
resource since 1960 Tumwater, WA.
Welcome to Professional Forestry Services
Professional Forestry Services, Inc. is a forest
management company dedicated to non-industrial private forest
resource owners. Founded in 1960 by Jack E. Winn, Professional
Forestry Services Inc., currently manages approximately 16,000 acres
in 79 parcels for our various clients, in Western Washington State.
Our client list includes private family ownerships, bank trusts,
municipalities, foundations, estates and corporations. We have
established a reputation over many years with public agencies,
banks, attorneys, accountants and numerous entities with in the
Our philosophy is to manage, conserve and maintain forest resources
to provide periodic dividends and a prospective pension for each
generation. We develop a program that is personally planned in
accordance with client objectives, and their timber inventory.
The Management plan addresses the environment, aesthetics, wildlife,
public relations, economics and timber growth. Our staff of three
graduate foresters, two forestry technicians and office support
staff are available to show prospective clients on-site comparisons
of forests under our management with unmanaged forests.
Through maintenance and management of many kinds of private and
municipal ownerships, Professional Forestry Services, Inc., has
demonstrated complete personal and professional services that
· Forest resource inventory analysis and appraisal for potential
forest management plan
· Investment advantages through utilization, timely marketing, and
professional management that can provide investment returns
comparable to other investments
· Planning layout and implementation of harvests including
Governmental permitting, marking of timber, logging compliance,
marketing of logs, security check of log removal, and accounting of
· Planning and supervision of road construction, post harvest
cleanup, reforestation, and plantation maintenance
· Periodic economic returns, and potential pension planning for
present and future generations.
· Periodic inspection of property for unauthorized cutting of trees,
vandalism, and storm damage.
· Meetings with clients, local planning departments, on-site
inspections, and public relations.
· Development and revision of forest management plan to comply with
changing rules and regulations by cities, counties, state and
Since 1960 Professional Forestry Services, Inc., has been retained
by various private law firms, individuals, industries and
· Appraisals of forest resources.
· Special studies, investment analysis, and consulting.
· Bank trusts, foundations, charities and estates.
· Expert witness for litigation.
· Storm and fire damage evaluation.
· Logging contract compliance
· Landscape planning.
· Hazardous tree management
· Forest resource exchanges
An on-site inspection of forest resources under our management is
available upon request at no cost.